THE LAGOS LEATHER FAIR
The Lagos Leather Fair is a private initiative borne out of the need to address the persistent challenges faced in the Nigerian leather industry, which has the potential to become the second major foreign exchange earner after oil and gas.
The fair presented the first ever networking platform for all the major players along the leather value chain; leather designers, raw material producers, manufacturers of finished goods, suppliers of machinery and retailers to discuss and propose possible solutions for the problems faced in the leather industry.
Through exhibitions, masterclasses, workshops featuring a training institute from Italy, panel discussions and a runway show, the fair promoted the Made in Nigeria initiative.
- We took on the project in February 2017 and handled all things PR and marketing related.
- Secured key media partners for the fair across online, print and broadcast media platforms.
- Radio and television tour prior to the fair on key platforms.
- Our digital team handled social media communications.
- Coverage on pertinent media platforms – local and international (including Bloomberg, CNN, Channels TV, NTA and the likes.
The fair attracted over 2000 visitors over a period of two days – this was was a very impressive turnout as there was no advertising carried out to promote the fair, all efforts were publicity based.