THE LAGOS LEATHER FAIR
The Lagos Leather Fair is a private initiative borne out of the need to address the persistent challenges faced in the Nigerian leather industry, which has the potential to become the second major foreign exchange earner after oil and gas.
The fair presented the first ever networking platform for all the major players along the leather value chain; leather designers, raw material producers, manufacturers of finished goods, suppliers of machinery and retailers to discuss and propose possible solutions for the problems faced in the leather industry.
Scope of work: Media Strategy & Execution, Social Media Management
- Secured key media partners for the fair across online, print and broadcast media platforms.
- Radio and television tour prior to the fair on key platforms.
- Social Media Management
- Coverage on pertinent media platforms – local and international (including Bloomberg, CNN, London Evening Standard, Channels TV, Arise TV, NTA and the likes.
- Cover feature for the founder and other particpants of the fair (This Day Style).
- Interviews for the founder of the fair in key publications including Business Day, Guardian, This Day and Tribune Newspaper
The fair attracted over 2000 visitors over a period of two days (2017) and over 4000 visitors over a period of three days (2018). In 2017 it had over 9 million impressions online and in 2018 it had over 20 million impressions online.