NIGERIA IN VENICE
The Venice Arte Biennale is the world’s most prestigious contemporary visual art exhibition and for the first time since its inception Nigeria was represented at the 57th edition in May 2017.
Rich in artistic and cultural talent with international recognition, it was about time Nigeria had a pavilion at the Biennale popularly referred to as “The Olympics of Art”. Curated by Adenrele Sonariwo (Founder of Rele Art Gallery) and assisted by Emmanuel Iduma MFA Art Criticism and Writing, School of Visual Arts in NY, the presentation by the artists expanded an understanding of Nigerian contemporary life through installations, painting, and performance which informed their selection of the artists: Victor Ehikhamenor (Painter); Peju Alatise (Sculptor) and Qudus Onikeku (Dancer).
Scope of work: Media Strategy & Execution, Social Media Management
We were chosen to be a part of Nigeria's historic particpation for the first time at the Venice Biennale, driving conversation and creating awarness for the Nigerian Pavilion which was was commissioned by the Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki.
- We organized the press conference to announce Nigeria’s participation at the Venice Biennale.
- Secured media partners as well as media platforms to cover the press conference as well as the opening of the pavilion in Venice.
- Digital coverage by CNN Africa
- Pictures from the opening were featured on the front page of Guardian and Business Day Newspaper.
- Media Liaison with International PR agency
- Social Media Managament
- Public relations advisory and media relations services for the pavilion from March 2017 – November 2017.