She Leads Africa is a digital media company that creates online content and offline programs to help millennial African women achieve their professional and entrepreneurial dreams. SLA has a community of 200,000 young women. She Leads Africa activities are split into three main categories.
Digital: Via their website they create localized content that’s relevant for African women who are trying to build their businesses and careers. They have a network of 80 contributors across the globe and publish 3-5 articles daily. In house, they also create practical workbooks and guides covering a range of business and professional topics.
Community: In 2016 and 2017 they successful partnered with Oxfam to run a 6 month accelerator program with a membership club to help young women build the skills and networks needed to achieve professional success.
Events: They hosted training workshops (called SheHive) in cities across the world to help community members get the resources they need. In 2016, SLA hosted events in Accra, Abuja, New York, Nairobi, London, Lagos and Johannesburg.
On January 21st, 2017 SLA hosted their first large scale activation - SLAY Festival, an outdoor celebration of African women in business, technology, culture and the arts.
- Facilitation of speakers, sponsors, partners and recommendation of vendors.
- Secured key media partners for the festival across print, digital and broadcast media platforms.
- Pre, festival day and post publicity and awareness campaign across digital and print media platforms.
- Over 50 media personnel in attendance – digital, traditional and broadcast.
- Radio and television tour prior to festival on key radio stations including Beat FM, Cool FM, Nigeria Info, Lagos Talks, Channels TV, WazobiaMax and the likes.
- Digital coverage by CNN Africa Instagram stories and event recap on their instagram page.
- Positive reviews about the festival with sponsors and partners indicating interest for the next festival
- Results: 1400 attendees, 81 Million social media impressions
- LSF|PR has been engaged to handle the PR and marketing for SLAY Festival 201