For young entrepreneurs, business incubation is a launch pad, which provides an enabling environment and mentorship from business experts and venture capitalists. The idea is to ensure that startups are driven through the challenges of business sustainability in the first few years.
Seizing on this opportunity and an existing passion for transforming lives through technology, Emerging Platform Group - a technology solutions company created Ventures Platform – a world-class innovation hub for the tech community in Abuja. An incubation ground for young entrepreneurs, which provides them an enabling environment and mentorship from business experts and venture capitalists.
At the core of VP's value proposition is an intensive 16-week hybrid incubation program, a residence for need-based cohorts and a paid co-working space for free-lance entrepreneurs and professionals on the go. Through the incubation and accelerator programs, events and training, Ventures Platform will identify, support and fund innovative ideas and enterprises in the e-agriculture, e-health care, Fintech, e-government, ICT and other technology inclined areas, bringing innovative ideas from concept to reality.
Scope of work: Media Strategy and Execution, Media Relations (Local and International Media Coverage)
- We undertook the launch project of ventures platform in June 2016 to create awareness about the space as well as the incubation programme and connecting VP with key stakeholders locally and abroad.
- We achieved excellent results with media coverage in key media publications from newspaper dailies to technology and lifestyle digital platforms.
- Ventures platform also received coverage on BBC's Africa Business Report, profiled in Wings Magazine (Inflight Magazine for Arik Air) and interviewed by Forbes Africa.
- In terms of the incubation programme, VP received over 1500 applications across Africa.
- Media coverage from the launch had a ripple effect as Ventures Platform connected with stakeholder such as Uber and Y-Combinator through the publicity achieved from the launch.
- In January 2017, we handled media relations for their demo day which received wide media coverage locally in Nigeria.